Nostalgia took over pop culture in 2016, just like the fashion trends of the 80’s made a comeback, so did the golden age of television. There’s no doubt about it, 2016 left a bitter taste in our mouths, but it wasn’t all bad, with some gems coming out of the B.S. On to the next one!
Read More: These Tweets have NO Chill #2016Faves
1. Beyonce’s Formation showed a step in the right direction by empowering #BlackGirlMagic in all its forms.
2. Stranger Things, the Netflix Original series, took binge-watching to a new level this year. The 80’s throwback show gave us cravings for Eggo’s, members only jackets, and #WinonaForever.
3. The #OscarsSoWhite controversy warranted a huge social media backlash when it became obvious that all 20 of the Oscar Nominees in the acting categories were white. The Academy heard the buzz and restructured everything for 2017! We’ll see where that goes.
4. Drake’s “Views” and Kanye West’s “The Life of Pablo” both made waves in the big picture of 2016. Drake’s album hit one billion streams on Apple Music, a record. Kanye’s album gave us the drama we craved with lines like: “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex/Why? I made that bitch famous.” We’re not sure if this one was a step back or forward honestly.
5. Oh the remakes! This year Bridget Jones, Ghost Busters, Gilmore Girls, and Star Wars all got makeovers. After the unanimous decision that 2016 sucked, we looked to our past for comfort, and it was EVERYTHING.
Read More: Chance the Rapper Caught New Zealand Fever!
What a time to be alive! We’re these the bomb or flops?
Entra desde tu celular a TKM Alta Velocidad haciendo click: AQUI