Last April, Selena Gomez was photographed while on vacation in Mexico. She was wearing a swimsuit. But Selena isn’t any ordinary human and the internet trolls tear her apart for looking “fat” in paparazzi photos.
She elegantly responded by posting this:
She handled the body-shaming by posting a personal bathing suit shot to Instagram, which she captioned, “I love being happy with me yall,” along with the hashtag #TheresMoreToLove.
Read More: The repercussions of being called fat
But that was last year and this is now. And while she’s always looked stunning, during the start of her worldwide solo tour, Selena had visibly less to love. Her changed body is the result of over a year working with trainer Amy Rosoff Davis, who had not only been looking after the singer’s fitness but also her diet and lifestyle- she shared ALL with Cosmopolitan.
Get her own personal regimen for losing the extra weight:
1. No weighing. “I’ve never weighed her,” Amy said. “I don’t believe in scales — I just don’t think it’s healthy.” But, because she and Selena worked so closely together, she was able to tell when Selena’s body changed or when her clothes fitted differently. “But ultimately, a body that eats well and works is going to look better because it’s healthy.”
2. No dieting. There’s nothing that’s off-limits when it comes to food — although that doesn’t mean Amy didn’t encourage better choices — there’s just less of it. “I want to live my life like a French person,” Amy said. “I don’t believe in denying yourself, but I also believe in moderation. Life is too short not to enjoy food.”
3. Switch from fast food to whole food. About that: Selena had spoken with pride about eating like she’s from Texas. “She loves Tex-Mex and fast food that I would normally not condone,” Amy said. “I will walk onto the tour bus and smell fast food, throw it in the trash, and hand her a carrot and hummus.” Changing Selena’s eating habits helped a lot in shaping her physique, Amy said. “She responds really quickly. We’ll do barely any ab exercises and two days later, I’m like, ‘Whoa!'”
4. Never let your body get bored. Selena did cardio, Pilates, and yoga of all kinds.
She and Amy went on long hikes with some of Selena’s crew, where they’ll usually break to do circuit training and “arm dancing” and “side chassés up a hill.” Amy said, “I’ve always believed the best way to keep your muscles active is to mix it up. We switch things up almost every day.”
5. Stretch. A lot. Amy stresses the importance of having a limber body and says that becoming more flexible has helped Selena “let go.” Sometimes, Selena did a combined stretching and vocal warm up session.
Read More: Try This Workout When Feeling Lazy
6. Water, water, water. “I’m a big water pusher,” Amy said. “All the time. I’m always putting a bottle of water in someone’s hand.” It’s clearly worked. Selena told Vogue that “I always have water, tons of water. It’s even in my bathroom because I used to be so bad at drinking water and I want to stay hydrated.”
8. Have a healthy body image. “When you feel good, you exude confidence, and you feel strong and healthy,” Amy said. “You wear it well inside and outside of your skin.”
9. Nourish the body and soul. While they were in Northern California, Amy researched good spots to hike, and it’s a practice she was hoping to continue throughout the whole tour. “We want to find beautiful things in each town that makes it what it is,” she said. “You’re in a hotel, or you’re on a bus or in a show for so much of the time that it’s nice to get out in nature where there’s no technology and no people.” After the two-hour hike outside Sacramento, they stopped at a waterfall and stood there for a few minutes to breathe and watch the water. “It was such a perfect combination of mind, body, and soul,” Amy said. “Health, fitness, food — all of it is so important. What we put in our mouths and our souls affects everything.”
Last month, the pop princess announced that she’s cancelling the rest of her Revival Tour due to depression, panic attacks, and anxiety brought on by her lupus diagnosis– we are sure she would be back in the game anytime soon.
Will you follow Selena’s routine?
Entra desde tu celular a TKM Alta Velocidad haciendo click: AQUI