catching fire has led to the company globally recalling around 2.5 million of the phones and replacing them with new, SAFE UNITS. (Yeah Right)
Read More: No More Stock Apps On Your iOS 10
Samsung could have another problem on its hands though, as a Chinese man says a brand new Note 7 exploded on him, Bloomberg reports. Samsung had previously said Chinese models of the phone were safe as they use a different battery than Note 7s sold in the rest of the world.
A man says his new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 caught fire while charging and it could lead to another country added to the large recall. BU-114TU pic.twitter.com/6dpfQtoVb3
— CNN Newsource (@CNNNewsource) September 27, 2016
Hu Renjie, 25, claimed his brand new Note 7, bought over the weekend from JD.com, exploded while charging, burning two of his fingers and damaging a MacBook Pro.
In China: Samsung customer says his new Note 7 phone burst into flames https://t.co/IFbBz69ETG
— Charles Riley (@CRrileyCNN) September 27, 2016
Hu said that a representative from Samsung paid him a visit concerning this incident and asked for the smouldering corpse of his phone to perform an autopsy, but he refused.
— Recite News (@ReciteNews) September 28, 2016
The case is yet to be officially verified, and Samsung did not immediately respond to a request for comment. However, it comes after another Chinese Note 7 reportedly exploded last week, though Samsung and its Chinese battery supplier Amperex Technology concluded that incident was due to external heat, not a hardware fault. (Lies, Lies and more Lies)
— Phone Radar (@phoneradarblog) September 27, 2016
Samsung has been doing recalls of the phone for almost a month now, and says it has recovered more than 60 percent of the devices in the US and South Korea. In Europe, the company says the number of recalled devices is 57 percent.
Would you dare to buy a Samsung?
Entra desde tu celular a TKM Alta Velocidad haciendo click: AQUI